Monday, February 10, 2014

Week of 2/7/13: Exploration of the novel Jane Eyre

In AP this week, we began our study of Jane Eyre with groups within the class sharing their Chapter presentations on the book while conducting a live Twitter feed. Needless to say, tweeting during our discussions of Jane Eyre have really allowed the students to connect with the book on a level they can all identify with. We also began watching the movie, and the class cannot wait to see the love between Mr. Rochester and Jane to grow and develop, but beware of Crazy Bertha in the attic!  We ended our week with a little song analysis, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, by John Mayer. I think this was a hit with the class. As a teacher, I did not realize we had so many John Mayer fans in the room. It's also nice to nice the music I enjoy and identify with is not so far removed from my students. It will be interesting to see what next Friday's song analysis will be??????

No comments:

Post a Comment